Our customised safaris are tailor-made to your specifications, so no two trips are alike. Whatever your particular interest, we have something that will meet your needs. We offer various options, plan your final itinerary, provide all necessary information to help you prepare, and cover all the details and logistics. All you need to do is pack your bag and prepare for the Africa vacation of a lifetime.
Each departure is guaranteed.
Age Limits – Children of all ages are welcome on our Custom Safari Itineraries. We will include safari activities in your itinerary to keep children interested and entertained. At some of the accommodation establishments, it is required for children under age 16 to share with an adult for safety reasons.
Luggage should be limited to one check-in bag weighing not more than 50 pounds. Carry-on luggage is limited to one carry on weighing not more than 16 pounds and one personal item such as a purse, camera bag or laptop.
Dietary requirements and special occasions: Due to the remote locality of some of our adventure camps, please ensure that full dietary requirements and special occasions are advised at the time of your reservation.
Safari vehicles are designed so that each seated passenger has an opening window. Open safari game viewing vehicles are also designed so that you will have excellent all-around visibility, although the rear part of the vehicle is closed to lessen the dust entering the vehicle while driving on dirt roads. The large open window and roof areas offer good visibility and promote photographic opportunities while being able to close for unseasonal rainy weather en-route.
We pride ourselves on selecting lodges that offer exceptional healthy meals for our guests and local restaurants that serve traditional high-quality meals. Breakfasts are typically full English Breakfasts; Lunches are usually enjoyed at a quaint restaurant in the area of our travels and dinners will include traditional braai’s (barbecue), potjie (dutch oven stew), roasts, etc.
Regular crockery, cutlery and glassware are used to set tables in traditional South African style.
Special dietary requirements are also catered for, so whether you are a diabetic, gluten-free or have allergies, be sure to let your safari planner know of your dietary needs.
Embrace supply a fruit (apples, bananas, oranges or whatever fruit is in season) in the safari vehicle, as well as bottled water. All other snacks and beverages are at your own expense and can be purchased at many shops during your tour.
Anyone who is generally active and in good health will enjoy our safaris. At times you will get a bit dusty, but hey, this is Africa!
Things you should know:
- As our safaris and tours spend much time in wilderness areas or the company of animals, it is essential that guests adhere to the guide’s instructions regarding interaction with wildlife, camp safety and game walk/drive rules.
- You will need a valid passport to travel to Africa and visas are required for travel into Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe, which can be purchased on arrival at the customs.
- Many establishments and shops accept Visa and MasterCard. We do however recommend that you bring a limited amount of US Dollars or Euro Cash in smaller denominations for visa purchases and incidentals/personal purchases. South African Rands can be withdrawn at ATM’s for cash requirements in South Africa.
- All that Africa has to offer can be overwhelming. Embrace Africa Safaris provides the expertise of having over 50 years of combined travel experience. We understand that sometimes you need help deciding, so trust your Embrace representative to put together a vacation of a lifetime or be a safari participant and help design your safari itinerary.
Travel with Embrace for many reasons!
- Experience Africa, backed by the experience of Embrace Africa Safaris, in business since 1993, as well as employees that are based in South Africa.
- Enjoy a more personalised approach to travel planning when you work with Embrace Africa, a family owned company, where we treat our travellers like our family.
- Unique to Embrace Africa Safaris, our definition of a small group departure is one that operates with a minimum of 2 and maximum of 8 guests. We do not mix any groups, i.e. no outsiders on your safari.
- Choose from a selection of tours, and we’ll get you there.
- No itinerary is set in stone. Every safari has been designed with inherent flexibility.
- We offer luxury in a natural setting and exercise crowd control. The only large numbers we pursue are regarding prides and herds!
- While the rest of the world faces the tests of living, your most significant challenge, while in our care, is getting that photograph of an elusive animal in its natural habitat before it turns and blends into the bush.
- If this trip is a celebration of a special event, such as your honeymoon or anniversary, then intimate settings and romance are what you have in mind. We can plan a romantic bush dinner or private picnic for two or create those once-in-a-lifetime memories with an African sundowner followed by stargazing on a blanket with chocolate and champagne.
- If Africa has empowered you to shed your inhibitions and push your limits, then action and adventure are what you’re seeking on safari. We can arrange for abseiling, climb Kilimanjaro, hot air ballooning, white water rafting, rhino tracking on foot, game viewing on horseback, shark cage diving and more – all activities you wouldn’t attempt at home.
- Embrace Africa Safaris can design a themed itinerary, one that addresses the activities of a golf enthusiast, a wine and food connoisseur or even a cultural immersion for personal enrichment or expressing your inner anthropologist.
- The invitation is for you to provide us with your own personal mandate and we will create a journey that will exceed your expectations.
- Embrace Africa Safaris now offers our guests the opportunity to have some impact on the conservation of African wildlife and the preservation of its people and culture. We are confident that at the completion of this once-in-a-lifetime experience, you will be linked to Africa forever by very special memories.
- You can secure ties to the continent by donating to one of the foundations that Embrace Africa Safaris supports. Share a piece of your heart with Africa as the employees of Embrace Africa Safaris have done. Help give back to a continent that has had a profound impact on the rest of the world and join us in our efforts to protect this magical land for generations to come. Let us direct you to our description of our fundraising activities.
- You’ll have peace of mind with our comprehensive travel insurance and SATSA insurance.
- We take care of all the details, so a relaxed and hassle-free vacation awaits you.
- Enjoy the services of an Embrace tour guide who accompanies you throughout your trip.
- Give back to the community when you help us improve the lives of local adults and children in South Africa when you participate in our Ithaopa project.
Planning your dream vacation:
There is much to do and more to know before you go. Embrace Africa travel is your resource for the services and information you require. Not only do we attend to all your needs while on safari, down to the tiniest of details, we also offer the tools and assistance that will help you prepare for your exotic adventure.
- Decide which vacation is best for you
- Book roundtrip air, extra nights and/or tour extensions.
- Contact your professional travel agent to make your reservations for you.
- Choose your payment form—Credit card, Check or Wire Transfer
- Wait for your documents to arrive (e-tickets & booking confirmation will be emailed to you)
- Consult your travel doctor for any necessary shots
- Check that your passport is valid for at least three months after your safari return date.
- Sit back and enjoy your vacation!